BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

HARD LABOUR

It was George's birthday celebration. He celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary recently so I thought I would help him through his hard labour.
I'm dressed in my prison uniform with a ball and chain and a pick to dig the rock and make roads in the chain gang.

 George enjoyed the joke and was happy to know someone knows how he feels.

 Ann, his wife is giving him a hard time. (He might actually enjoy coming with me to do the roads.)

 Diane helped me into my uniform.

Silly Diane didn't take a photo of all my wrinkly friends. Ann took this one but Mary is missing, she was ordering lunch. We were at the Salisbury Hotel. This is our first time here and the food was delicious. I had some of Diane's fish but nobody got desserts not even me! It is hard to BEAR sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun gathering! But...most important of all...what kind of CAKE did you have?? Jerry is always interested to know about cakes. (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No desserts? What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete