BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Monday, August 24, 2015

I'M A PARTY GIRL

 It is Helen's special, big 70 birthday celebration. The wrinkles and I went to the Chatswood Tavern for lunch. We were lucky that the grey nomad travellers, Chris and Bob were in town and they joined us. It is always good to hear their stories of travelling around Australia in a caravan.
Chris, Diane, Mary, Helen, MOI, Paul, George, Bob, Ann and Bill took the photo.
I was wearing a a lovely party outfit and I felt very beautiful. Don't you like my sparkly, party shoes.
I brought a cake and a box of chocolates for the wrinkles to share.
Helen was happy to have me celebrate her 70th in style.

Mary dressed me for the occasion.

 My mouth started watering when Helen cut the cake. Bears love cake!

Oooops she nearly forgot to blow out the candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment